Swift Property Buyer Terms of Business
Swift Property Buyer Limited will initially make you an offer for your property in principle. This initial offer will be based on the estimated market value and an indication of how much we may pay for your property.
- We will arrange for an Asset Management Company to conduct an appraisal of your property, if it is of interest to you. It will also include at least one valuation of your property from a local estate agent.
- A formal offer will be made to you once we get the appraisal report back from the Asset Management Company, subject only to contract and survey. In case you decide to proceed, we will then instruct a RICS Chartered Surveyor to inspect your property. This inspection will be paid for by Swift Property Buyer.
- Our formal offer may be amended if the survey reveals that the property is not of standard construction or not be ‘marketable’ and/or ‘mortgageable’.
- You will need to use a property lawyer to sell your property. Your own solicitor can recommend your lawyer or alternatively use one we recommend.
- Swift Property Buyer Limited will pay all your legal fees if you use a solicitor recommended by us. We will make a contribution of £500 towards the legal fee if you choose to use your own solicitor. However, this amount will be only payable on completion of the sale. It will not be payable if the sale does not proceed to completion.
- Your solicitor will be required to have Professional Indemnity Insurance of no less than two million pounds, a minimum of two partners, be a Solicitor or Licensed Conveyancer based in the UK. They should not have no disciplinary proceedings or actions registered against them.
- We will instruct an external agency to verify the ID of all registered seller of the property, since we do not meet clients face to face.
- Once we have received the legal report on title from our solicitor together with the RICS survey report we will then reconfirm our formal offer. If there is anything adverse raised in either of these reports that could have an impact on the value then we may need to adjust the formal offer. Both of these reports are available for inspection by you or your lawyer.
- Our formal offer will be reconfirmed once the legal report on title from our solicitor together with the RICS survey report is received by us. The formal may be adjusted if there is anything adverse raised in either of these reports that could have an impact on the value. You and your lawyer will be able to view the reports as both of these reports would be available for inspection.
- Until the contracts are exchanged, you are under no obligation to proceed with the sale of the property to Swift Property Buyer Limited. Exchange of contracts is done by your solicitor who will do this only with your instruction. You will become legally bound to proceed at this point. A completion date will be agreed prior to the exchange of contracts.
- Unless agreed otherwise,the property will be sold to Swift Property Buyer Limited with vacant possession on completion.
- We have a formal complaints procedure as we are members of The Property Ombudsman. You can find the details of this under ‘Complaints’ on the bottom navigation bar on our website.